The Hack@ - Organic

Slim fit


Our slim fit isn’t crazy slim. We added 1cm to the rise this year. So it sits low on the waist but not too low. It’s been cut to be a bit narrower on the leg. Popular with the geeks in the company.

  • Authentic five pocket jean

  • Raw organic 12 oz denim

  • Super tough ecru twill pocket lining

  • Signature red ‘owl’ rivet on the back pocket

  • Button fly

  • 100% organic cotton

    Made in Wales.

    Size Chart

    Size chart

    You can take some measurements from your old favourite jeans and compare them to any of pair of Hiut jeans, using the sizing table below. Making it easier to find your size and your new favourite pair of jeans the first time you order. See how to measure yourself below.

    SLIM FIT (Hack@) 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
    WAIST FLAT cm 35.50 36.75 38.00 39.25 40.50 41.75 43.00 44.25 45.50 46.75 48.00 49.25 50.50
    HEM FLAT cm 17.20 17.55 17.90 18.25 18.60 18.95 19.30 19.65 20.00 20.35 20.70 21.05 21.40
    RISE cm (30/32 LEG) 23.50 24.00 24.50 25.00 25.50 26.00 26.50 27.00 27.50 28.00 28.50 27.50 29.50
    RISE cm (34 LEG) 24.50 25.00 25.50 26.00 26.50 27.00 27.50 28.00 28.50 29.00 29.50 30.50 30.50

    How to measure like a Grand Master

    1, Waist

    What size am I? Simple. Just lay your old favourite jeans down flat and measure straight across the back waistband. Write the measurement down. See photo.

    2, Inside Leg

    Measure from the bottom of the hem (the bottom of the leg) and up to the crutch. That will give you the inside leg measurement. See photo for help.

    3, Front rise

    It might help to look at the photos. But with your jeans flat, measure from overlapping seams in the crutch, to the top of the front waistband. Pretty simple.

    4, Hem

    With the leg laid flat, measure from one side to the other across the front of the leg. Simple. Again, the photo might help you with this.

    About our jeans

    Delivery And Returns

    We ship with Royal Mail Tracked Service. We offer Free Returns on UK orders. We offer 30 day refunds on all unworn jeans. No questions asked.
    Read more.

    Free Repairs

    We stand by our jeans even when they fail you. We offer free repairs for the life of your jeans. One rule. You have to send them back washed.
    Read more.

    Our Factory

    We are not here to make the most jeans we can, but the best jeans we can. The GrandMasters can only make 100 pairs of Hiut's a week.
    Read more.


    What is selvedge? What is my size? Can I return jeans if I don’t love them? We're human, give us a call.
    01239 612469.

    What is Organic Denim?

    A common thread that runs through our lives and our jeans is to find the lowest impact way of making our jeans. We can look the other way if we choose to have an easy life. But we are responsible for the land that grows the cotton. The water that flows off the land as it is grown. The air quality in the factories as it is woven. And the hands that sew the denim.

    Cotton is one of the biggest users of pesticides and insecticides in the world. Organic cotton costs more to buy, but its impact is less. At the moment, around 80% of our output is organic. We are working on the other 20%.

    We are proud to be working with one of the most innovative mills in the world: Isko. They grow the organic cotton in Turkey which is the biggest grower of organic in the world. And we are working with Isko to find new ways to lessen our impact and theirs. One day all our denim will be organic.

    The Grand Masters of denim

    Malcolm Gladwell wrote it takes 10,000 hours to become a Grand Master in chess. A Grand Master is someone who is capable of playing at the highest international level. In our town, there are people who have spent 20,000 hours, 30,000 hours, and in some cases, 40,000 hours making jeans. Their hands and eyes have been trained in the essence of making great jeans. They are the Grand Masters of denim.

    You see, we had Britain’s biggest jeans factory on our doorstep. It employed 400 people out of a town of 4,000 people. And it made 35,000 pairs of jeans each week for 3-4 decades. That’s a lot of jeans. And we all know what practice makes.

    In Cardigan, it’s hard to find someone who doesn’t know how to make jeans. If you go to the coffee shop, they used to make jeans. If you go the pub, they used to make jeans. If you learn how to drive, the driving instructor used to make jeans.

    Yes, this town knows how to make great jeans.

    Sign up for our newsletter

    If you like ideas, it will inspire you.